Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hello my name is Sergio Chavez, I would like to talk about film and how it has influenced my life. I am neither a film buff  nor am I an alien to film ( Like a caveman from the Geicko commercials who has been living underneath a rock without access to any type of film). I guess you could say I was raised by television. although I never cared much about finding out what was behind all the nice fancy little tricks that made movies or anything else on television seem so interesting. I am now enrolled in a class called The Art of Film where i will be studying movies more in depth and may myself become a Film buff yet, I still hope to remain an in-between-er.

Some of my most vivid  childhood memories 
There's just something incredible that happens when you flip through channels and see a mouse and a cat getting ready to duel, and you think oh okay well I want to see whats going to happen. A couple minutes later it ends and you just hope there's more.


For the most part a silent film and a great take on the three little pigs.

Based on the things i watched as a three year old I never really grew to like anything produced by Disney or Pbs. I felt I needed more than an in your face good morals meaning to film. I began to try and find meaning in alot of little things and ever since then films have really been about plot,storyline,dramatic effect, Romance and I don't mean the played out story of john and jane fall in love, I mean romanticism.

Here are a couple other films that I found either interesting, provocative, or just mind blowing in no specific order.

Into The Wild:The poem or saying whatever you choose to call it gets cut off so ill post it underneath.

Two years he walks the earth.
No phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes.
Ultimate freedom. An extremist.
An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road.
Escaped from Atlanta. Thou shalt not return, because
"the West is the best."
And now after two rambling years comes the final
and greatest adventure.
The climactic battle to kill the false being within
and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage.
Ten days and nights of freight trains and hitchhiking
bring him to the Great White North.
No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees,
and walks alone upon the land to become
lost in the wild.

Alexander Supertramp


 Enter The Void:Very interesting left me thinking uncontrollably for a while


 Cashback: More of a romantic view of things

Blue Valentine:I don't know what to say just watch it.


There will be Blood: Interesting depiction of an Oil Pioneer

Street Thief: I felt as if i was there.


This small list of films cannot truly summarize my interest in film, but is a good starting point. So anybody who reads this do yourself a favor and watch at least one of these movies if none seem interesting then at least the one that seems least boring.

Also on a side note if would be really cool if my professor were to see this blog and decide that in class we watch one of these films, preferably Into The Wild.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment